After a long and cold winter, spring is finally here and the temperature is starting to reflect the season change. Take advantage of the warmer days to get some things done around the house. We’ve put together a list for you so you can get to work!
- While you may not even be thinking of your air conditioning system right now, it’s time to schedule Highlands Ranch air conditioning service. After a long winter, your AC deserves a little TLC before you start using it. If there are any issues that need to be repaired, you’ll have plenty of time to get that done before you actually need your air conditioner. Call Matlock today and we’d be glad to help!
- Clear away winter debris in the yard so that your spring bulbs and other plants can start growing easily. Consider adding a fresh layer of mulch to garden beds too. Planting a few potted flowers can add a little color to your yard while everything else starts to grow.
- Clean out your gutters and inspect your roof. Spring can be a rainy season so you’ll want to make sure you won’t have any leaks to worry about!
- Go through your closet, particularly your winter clothing. If you didn’t wear something this past season, it’s time to get rid of it! Clear out clothes, shoes, and any other items you no longer wear and donate them.
- Consider having a yard sale once the weather is nice enough. Start going through things now and sorting it so that when it is time for your sale, you will be ready to go! Go through your kitchen cabinets, closets, and drawers. Trash the things that aren’t worth selling, organize the rest of your items so you’ll have a good idea how much stuff you’ll have, and determine if you’ll even have enough to do a sale.
- Change the batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. If you change the batteries once a year, you won’t have to worry about them dying before you catch them and making that terrible beeping noise in the middle of the night!